Thursday, September 18, 2008

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful



No, I’m not modeling the latest fashions for Vogue, but I am a cover girl. Well, my card is, to be exact.

The fine folks at Paper Crafts magazine put my happy little owl card on their October cover. Isn’t that exciting? I was thrilled when I heard the news and even more excited when I got my copy of the issue. If you haven’t seen it, you should check it out. It’s full of adorable designs and creative ideas. My favorite feature is the "Enchanted Forest," which is full of projects featuring cute woodland creatures – owls, furry friends, deer, shrooms, trees and more. So fun!

My card is actually in the feature about using rub-ons, which is also very fun. The owl is a large journaling block rub-on from Glitz Designs. (They have great products!) The minute I saw it at CHA winter last year, I knew I wanted to turn it into a card. I simply rubbed the owl on kraft cardstock, folded it in half to create the card base, cut around the owl to make the shape (leaving the left side connected for the card seam), and cut the journaling block lines out of the owl’s belly with an Exacto knife and replaced them with some cheerful green paper. Talk about an easy design! You can read more about the card and see all of Glitz's amazing products here.

Thanks, PC team, for giving me the easy, breezy, beautiful opportunity to be a cover girl. I’m beyond delighted!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw that Megan... and did a little happy dance for you!!! LOVE that card... it BELONGS on the cover!
You GO, Cover Girl!! ;)

Brandy J. said...

You would not believe how many people see the cover and say, "Oh, I love that Owl card." You definitely hit a home run! ~Brandy

P.S. The fair looked like SO much fun!!

Holly said...

so cute! Congratulations!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Congrats COVER GIRL! Woohoo how totally fun is that??? The fair looks like you had a blast! I love the way you processed your files! Totally Subzero!

Alice said...

I was so excited to see your name next to that adorable card! Congrats on the cover! and I wish I could have come to the craft fair with you - everything is so adorable - especially the little doggie :)

Kelly said...

congrats on that - I remember thinking it was a great little owl when it showed up in my mailbox!!