Monday, November 22, 2010


Build a birthday card from border strips. I created this colorful design by punching several pieces of patterned paper with an EK Success scalloped border. I then staggered the scallops on the front of my card base, layering from the top, down.


My favorite part of this card is the flap that the card front slips into. To create it, I punched a scalloped border in the bottom of my card base. I then folded the edge over and stitched it into place. Now the front of the card tucks neatly inside to hold the card closed.


Following the same rainbow color scheme (and order), I made the letters in my sentiment stand out with colorful bits of bling. This card came together quickly. It’s a good one to try the next time you need a bright design that you can make from scraps in minutes.


Wishing You a Bright Birthday. Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper; Patterned paper: Bella Blvd and Jillibean Soup; Letter stickers: EK Success and Making Memories; Border punch: EK Success; Bling: Doodlebug; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L. 

Cheers!

2 comments:

*reyanna* said...

So cute!!! I love how you used those silver stickers too. I have those, and I've been wanting another project to use them up! LOL. Thanks for the inspiration... as always. :-)

Wendy said...

Such a cute card! I'll have to make one like it.