Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bitty Box Scrapbook Storage


It’s another new year, which means many of us are focusing our efforts on getting organized. As you already know, I’ve been spending a great deal of time getting my craft room in tiptop shape. While organizing my drawers, I came across this storage idea that I first shared in the “Tips & Tricks” column of Creating Keepsakes magazine in 2009.
I took little 2” x 2” boxes like this, which are from Expedx...


And added  small accents to the lids of the boxes in various categories (eyelets, brads, bling, small tags, and flowers), which I set up by color...  

Finally, I lined one of my shallow drawers with the boxes. They fit in the drawer perfectly! 

The outcome: an affordable storage approach for those bitty scrapbooking delights. What is your favorite way to organize your small supplies? I’m always looking for new suggestions and ideas to try. 
Cheers! 

5 comments:

Kim Watson said...

Those little boxes look adorable all color coordinated like that. Great idea! :o)
(Knowing all your stash...you must have ton of them hehe!)

Unknown said...

Great idea, Megan, and all color coordinated makes them more like eye candy than organization!

Stephanie said...

Absolutely adorable!

Nicole said...

cute, cute. Love the little boxs

justasiam said...

I really loved the boxes, but looked around on the website and couldn't find that size. Could you tell us what they are called, so I can order some?