Wednesday, May 16, 2012

At last, I have nursery colors!

It's one of the biggest getting-ready-for-baby decisions I've had to make. What will my nursery colors be? I know, my little babe won't care, but I care. I just want everything to be perfect for her, including the place she'll rest her adorable little head. I've always had a general idea of what my colors would be, but I've had the hardest time finding a visual example of those colors, until...

Maggie Holmes to the rescue!

She posted this pic of a beautiful room in her home.



This is it! This is the vision that has been floating in my head but impossible to find.

Gray, yellow, aqua, raspberry, and light pink! 

With this image in hand, I went to the fabric shop and purchased fabric and buttons for a few nursery projects, which I hope to post soon.



And I had a fun idea for keeping my colors with me at all times. I used a cute new Fiskars bird punch to punch paint swatches. These cute little guys are much easier to carry around than carrying the entire swatches would be. 



Now, with the colors determined I can let the decorating fun begin. More on that soon!

Cheers!

3 comments:

Tamika said...

There's this awesome baby room I saw on Pintrest the other day you just have to add the other colors to the grey,white & yellow maybe you can find it over there! Good luck!

*reyanna* said...

Hooray!!!

And those are the colors of Hattie's room!!! Well, coral instead of raspberry, but still... very close! :-D

http://sunshineandwonder.blogspot.com/2011/04/creating-babys-inspiration-boards.html

And I totally carried around paint chips too!! And then I cut one small swatch of fabric and kept it in my wallet to match decor items. :-)

Can't WAIT to see your fabric! Oh! And if you need a paint color... Hattie's walls are Antiguan Sky by Benjamin Moore. Gorgeous. :-)

Unknown said...

I love it! And it is not a color palette she will outgrow as she gets older!